Facilities, services and activities.
Absolute Lakeview Motel facilities are modern and always changing; as a family run business, we are always looking to keeping our facilities up to date and relevant for our visitors. We now supply continental breakfasts & cut lunches (sandwiches). Absolute Lakeview Motel is situated across from Lake Taupo’s stunning waterfront, a 1 hour drive to the Whakapapa ski fields and offers both comfort and easy access to one of New Zealand’s adventure capitals. The motel accommodation caters for the corporate business person, skiers & snow-boarders, sports-people, travellers, groups or families stays and is pet-friendly. We are a family run business that promises to give you that added attention to detail that makes all the difference.
- FREE-parking & FREE unlimited wifi
- FREE bookings for activities at the front desk.
- FREE Indoor solar-heated pool, spa and sauna
- FREE Cycling & Step-up machines-by the pool
- Boxing bag
- Ski-gear drying area
- Breakfasts: continental & delicious cut lunches (sandwiches /onigiri) available
- Barbeque: NZ$ 10 per time
- Sky TV: 2 sports (Sky 1 & 2) 2 movie channels & Sky 5
- Multi-lingual: English & Japanese
- Free pick up from the Taupo airport (10 minutes)
- Laundry: Tokens required from reception NZ$ 3 each
- Rooms: complimentary coffee (instant & filter), tea, hot chocolate &milk.
- Electric jugs, electric blankets, microwaves, toasters, heat pumps
- Hair-dryer, iron & board, cook tops available
- Some rooms have a kitchenette (3.5.21) & cook tops (8.9.22&23)
- Liquor King, across the road from us
- Complimentary discounts or free drinks, Indian Delight & Dixie Browns
We can arrange bookings for any of the local attractions, even before your arrival – just let us know the details. You can try the Rapid Jet boats, Bungy-jumping, Sky-diving, Parasailing-or a COMBI of these, fishing (boat helicopter or fly) hunting (Siki deer wild pig: boar) skiing & snow-boarding (Mt Ruapehu & Whakapapa) boat cruises, kayaking, rafting, skiing, hiking, biking, tramping (Tongariro Crossing-pick up from the front of the motel) soak in the mineral pools (De Bretts) Action World for the children or try the famous ‘hole in one golf’ which is just across the road from us.
We can also guide you to some of our local spots: Spa thermal park-10 minutes drive or a 30 minute walk. Go swimming in the lake where the locals go-there’s a nice hot thermal spot just down the road. When you get hungry, we can guide you to some of our local eateries-mostly, all within walking distance.When thirsty, we can point you in the right direction for some of our bars & cafes that supply a variety of beverages. For those new to our shores, you can try our national meal: Fish & Chips.